Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Johnny Moon: Modern-day Juan Luna


"Looking for Johnny Moon" poster


Director Mark Meily and SkyBlue

Director Soxy Topacio and SkyBlue


Johnny Moon! What a name for a modern-day Juan Luna.
Around 200 participants flocked to Plaza del Norte last July 14-16 to seek for Johnny Moon, thus, the festival's theme:"Looking for Johnny Moon".

It was a delightful search for me and my groupmates ( Gyver, Jonathan and Dondi) because we were able to come up with a short film ("Bubble Gum") as output in Scriptwriting and Directing. The script I wrote won first place. Thanks to our mentors, Director Soxy Topacio and Mark Meily. Until now, the realization of having the creative remnants of Juan Luna in all the participants makes me beam with pride. Juan Luna lives and has resurfaced as Johnny Moon. He has crept into new fields like cinematography, digital photography and animation too.

I can say...I'm Johnny Moon!

No comments: